Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Is it a sin?

I went to attend our mandatory in-service meeting at work (was paid for it + free snack). Since I work nights, I have to attend meetings on my days off, and I swear to the godess of shop-a-holics that I will not wear anything crappy. Working full time is more than enough to wear my scrubs and the whole nursing ensemble. But please give me the liberty to wear my normal attire when I don't need to clean-up human wastes & discharges.

To make the long story short, I went to the meeting with my usual get-up on a day to day basis, be it going out to dinner or shopping. The meeting started at 10:30 am and lasted 30 minutes. 



The picture above shows my outfit except that I put on a brown cardigan on top. I heard from the grapevine that I was overdressed! Whattt? As far, as I am concern, I knew I wasn't, if we based on the proper corporate dress code, for heavens sake! It doesn't mean that, if my co-workers wear their sweatpants to meetings, I should do the same. I am not undermining sweatpants, I do wear them at a proper time and place...maybe when I am at home or going for a walk at the park. 

A close colleague  told me, one of the bosses had been wanting to buy LV purse. There you go I got the message, loud and clear! Then, I told my buddy, you know this one isn't my most expensive purse! Let them eat their heart out ... of envy!

No comments:

Post a Comment